Many advantages come with choosing a steel frame home from Straight Edge Steel. With flexible design options, durability, and attractive prices, choosing steel is a no-brainer. We can provide a wide range of homes to our Perth clients, with DIY Kit Homes and Fully Built homes both being available options.
The advantages to choosing a steel-frame home from Straight Edge Steel include:
- Price – because steel is lightweight and strong, less material is required, making it a cost-efficient building material. Transport costs and construction times are also cut.
- Timeframe – lightweight materials such as steel are much easier to work with than traditional building materials, meaning your new steel frame home from Straight Edge Steel can be constructed in around half the time of a bricks-and-mortar home.
- Design – steel frames and trusses are easily modifiable and open up endless design options to the owner-builder.
- Environmentally Friendly – fewer materials are needed compared to traditional homes, which equals less waste. Steel is also recyclable after demolition and is a great alternative to timber.
- Durability – steel frame homes do not require treatment with pesticides, preservatives or glues. Steel frame homes are also non-combustible – a great attribute to have in Western Australia’s fire-prone climate.
If you’d like to learn more about the advantages of choosing steel, contact the friendly team at Straight Edge today. We have a passion for steel, and we’d be happy to answer your questions!
A closer look at some of our steel frame homes – DIY Kit Homes
The Multi-Gen 1: This steel DIY Kit Home design series from Straight Edge Steel is designed to suit the needs of the Australian family. The Multi-Gen 1 is the perfect answer to children who are staying at home longer, or to elderly parents who need the care and support of their family.
With family-friendly features located on the ground floor and the upper floor designed as a sanctuary for those needing space of their own, this home is user-friendly as well as beautifully designed. Featuring a triple car garage with extra space to store items such as bikes and surfboards, three large bedrooms on the ground floor (including a Master Suite with En suite and WIR), a spacious kitchen, and open plan living and dining areas, this home is designed around family life.
- Bathroom and separate toilet.
- Generous storage.
- Walk-in pantry and large laundry with good storage capacity
- Separate room to the front of the house
- A studio/game room with bathroom separate from the house (still under main roof)
- And more!
The Outback Deluxe: this steel-frame design is a great example of what can be done with a bit of extra space. This home comes featuring four well sized and well-lit bedrooms complete with built in robes, as well as:
- A theatre room
- Spacious activity area
- Cavernous open plan living area so you can build the kitchen of your dreams
- 4-metre-deep Al Fresco linking to 3m deep wrap-around veranda’s
If you’d like more information on the Outback Deluxe or any of the other designs in our Outback range, contact Straight Edge Steel today and let’s bring your steel-frame dreams to life!